South Africa’s breathtaking landscape, amiable climate and amazing wildlife make an ideal setting for a thrilling camping experience. First Car Rental lists the top 10 camping sites in South Africa.
1. Driehoek Farm, Western Cape Located 240 kilometres from Cape Town on the N7, the Driehoek Farm nestles at the heart of the Cederberg Mountains and offers a picturesque camping site. This camping site makes the perfect base for hiking to well-known landmarks like Tafelberg, Sneeuberg, the Maltese Cross and the Wolfberg Arch. Prices: From R150 for up to 5 people Contact: 027 482 2828
2. Tankwa Karoo National Park, Western Cape The 143 600 hectare Tankwa Karoo National Park lies on the southern boundary of the Northern Cape with the Roggeveld Escarpment in the East, Cederberg in the West, and Klein Roggeveld Mountains in the South, and is home to a fascinating diversity of life. Price: From R100 for 2 people Contact: 023 415 2828 / 9
3. Yellowwood Forest Campsite , Morgan Bay, Eastern Cape The grass-covered, forested camping sites at the Yellowwood Forest Campsite in Morgan Bay are an ideal pick for campers with kids. You can enjoy a guided tour on arrival; pick interesting arts and crafts at the gift shop; and the kids can enjoy themselves in the play area. Price: From R170 for up to 6 persons Contact: 043 8411598
4. Glen Reenen Rest Camp Golden Gate National Park, Free State The 11 600 hectare Golden Gate National Park lies at the foothills of the Maluti Mountains and is 22km East of Clarens in Free State. The brilliant shades of gold cast by the sun on the sandstone cliffs of the Park certainly make it a great camping site. Price: From R165 for two persons Contact: 012 428 9111
5. Magalies Sleepy River Campsite, Gauteng Located just 60 minutes away from Johannesburg and 30 minutes from Krugersdorp, Magalies Sleepy River Campsite gives you a quick getaway into a peaceful environment that is surrounded by lush vegetation. The massive shaded campsite on the banks of the Magalies Riversets is the perfect backdrop for your outdoor adventure. This campsite is a good base to visit the nearby Maropeng and Sterkfontein Caves. Price: From R100-00 per site per day Contact: 072 674 2291
Rent a car with First Car Rental and you can explore South Africa’s top camping sites. With 46 branches nationwide, your car rental is quick and easy.
Posted in Car & Motors by nangpooh with .